sks-devel

[Sks-devel] DB Close semaphor

From: Dan Egli
Subject: [Sks-devel] DB Close semaphor
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:25:48 -0700 (MST)

Yaron,

        Did you ever add that semaphor file I suggested? THe file that, if
present, will cause sks db and sks recon to close the database,
close any sockets they have open, and just go into a kind of a "do
nothing" loop till the file is removed? That would seem to me to
be the best way to make a backup of the database. You just touch
the file, wait 30 seconds, cp the database elsewhere, then rm the
file.

The problem otherwise is that it's virtually impossible to create an
automated backup script that does not risk database corruption.

--- Dan