sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] GnuKS Fork (was Div.)

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] GnuKS Fork (was Div.)
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 04:03:40 -0500

Sebastian Urbach wrote:
> Am Thu, 31 May 2012 22:45:16 +0200
> schrieb Kristian Fiskerstrand <address@hidden>:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I believe this is available as a Google Code fork/clone at
>> http://code.google.com/r/libfree-gnuks-keyserver/source/browse
>
> Our Main "Project Page" is located at:
>
> https://github.com/jleinenbach/GnuKS
>
> But we will keep the google page for different reasons as well.
> Downloads will be redirected to the github page.

Interesting.

Back on 10 May, when you were seeking "to humiliate and expose" and awarding
medals to people who had somehow offended your sense of entitlement at not
instantly applying a patch _you_ deemed holy or not jumping to instantly
produce a download for you, you touted LSB FHS conformance, cryptokit-1.5, and
"A lot of other useful patches".

You also wrote, "Please consider the readme file." It's attached to refresh
your memory.

Yet, the only commits visible before the last four days are all the work of
Kristian Fiskerstrand and myself. The cryptokit-1.5 commit was on the 28th, 15
days after the same had already been committed by me. I cannot seem to locate
your much touted LSB FHS work, nor your "lot of other useful patches". In
which commits may they be found?

As I said, before 28 May, I only see Kristian and my commits of our work and
that which Phil Pennock sent us. I'm certain there had to be some work done
before your May 10 release or were we just being wanked around? You're forking
and distributing our work of GPL code. We have a right per the GPL to see
_ALL_ of the code in your distribution, not just the bits you're willing to
share.

-John

Something about the name, GnuKS... Oh, yeah. KS -- a medical abbreviation, did
you know? Kaposi's Sarcoma, a skin cancer. Oddly apropos feeling. Good choice
even if it does falsely give the impression of being a Gnu project.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net

               Cowboy Haiku -- Reflections on Rodeo
So many Cowboys/Round Wrangler butts drive me nuts/Never enough rope.