sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Idea: dump should create keycount.txt

From: Stephan Seitz
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Idea: dump should create keycount.txt
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 19:13:19 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 07.11.2012, 12:34 -0500 schrieb Daniel Kahn Gillmor:
> for simple data like we're talking about, Kim's proposed syntax seems at
> least as easy for a machine to parse as XML, and much easier for a human
> to scan and make sense of.
>
> I'd personally like to avoid requiring an XML parser if we can help it.

it was just the idea that most (if not all) people which have the need
or at least a benefit from that proposed file, are natively speaking
XML ;)
and if it's getting implemented, I assume it wont make a difference to
printf() xml or "somehow" formatted text.
It's just a personal preference, I simply like outputs that can be
verified and validated. For that particular file you're obviously right
and xml would be an overkill, since the only use I can imagine would be
a synchronization mechanism of a keydump mesh...
So, yes, stay with text.