sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com down and out

From: David Benfell
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com down and out
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 03:15:30 -0700

Quoting Hendrik Grewe <address@hidden>:

Also what I have read about your tries to "recover" the database. I
think I have read in some FAQ that one should _not_ try to recover a
(somehow) corrupted sks database. Instead one should start (from
skratch) with some actual keydump.

Among the steps I took was indeed a recovery from an actual keydump.

I have just seen way too many problems with Berkeley DB in way too many situations. It seems to be fine for small applications: postfix uses it for really small files, for example. But anything big and it becomes unmanageable.

Again and again and again. I'm convinced it's just a really bad idea.
--
David Benfell <address@hidden>