sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Proposal: Start verifying self-signatures

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Proposal: Start verifying self-signatures
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 13:04:55 +0200

Hi,

I really like the idea of only accepting self-signed stuff as it would raise
the bar for vandalism.

But there was also the question on how to deal with the situation on a more
conceptual level and I don't know what this would entail in a technical sense,
but I think it would be great, if keyservers could have blacklisting
capabilities which would be respected by the gossip protocol.

These could be used on one hand for legal reasons, on the other, too, for
implementing something like a deletion-(or rather
do-not-distribute)-certificates. So server would not only talk about which keys
they have, but also which keys they don't want to have.

If I could choose my keyserver would be configured to only accept self-signed
stuff, only contain keys which are not-expired, not-revoked, not-PGPv2, etc. –
just an approximation of a practical set of keys.

Is that something which is feasible and would help in finding funding be needed?

Sincerely,

Malte