Re: [Social-discuss] Questions to think about

From: Dan Brickley
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Questions to think about
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:56:17 +0100

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Melvin Carvalho <address@hidden> wrote:

2010/3/17 Petr Viktorin <address@hidden>

What is an user? A relationship/friend/follower? FOAF has some answers
here, is that enough?

FOAF has Person / Agent / knows.  But remember that FOAF is not a protocol, simply a vocab for making up data.  Anything we dont have can be put in another vocab.  For example SIOC has posts / microblogs / followers.  There's a relationship vocab for different kinds of relationship etc.  There's another vocab for e-commerce.

Anything we need that doesn't exist already, we can put in a GNU Social vocab.

FOAF is also open for extensions if there are useful things that can be added... I'll try to follow this list but otherwise just drop requirements into the foaf-dev list, and if rough consensus is that it'd be useful and fits with FOAFish view of the world, ...they could go into the the FOAF schema.

cheers,

Dan