Re: [Social-discuss] Design mockups - round 1

From: Rob Myers
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Design mockups - round 1
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:25:59 +0100

On 06/23/2010 05:41 AM, Steven DuBois wrote:
Hey everyone,

I worked on a few preliminary design mockups. They can be found here

<http://www.gnu.org/software/social/design-mockups>

Colors can always be changed, but right now the focus should be on
layout and fundamental aspects of the design.

I love the clear, uncluttered main page. It's very welcoming and looks much easier to use than the proprietary social networking sites.

In my opinion, the "inbox" text on the main page needs more visual priority. It should probably be larger and closer to the main navigation. I always miss messages on social networking sites. ;-)

Conversely ( ;-) ), on the relationship popup, the group buttons have too much visual priority IMO. They should be smaller (with the text at most the same size as the headlines in the lists above them)) and probably more button-like.

How does the relationship popup relate to the tabs on the main page? Is it more for details of other people?

- Rob.