Re: [Social-discuss] Facebook: David Recordon talks with talis about th

From: Markus Sabadello
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Facebook: David Recordon talks with talis about the Social Graph
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:27:29 +0200

I have met David a number of times and like him a lot, but am I the only one feeling that
"Facebook’s Senior Open Programs Manager"
sounds like a contradiction in itself? :)

Anyway, yes, good interview, although it would have been more fun if the host had been a bit more aggressive.

Regarding Open Graph Protocol, yes of course "everyone can use it" and it is "simple enough for any web developer" and there is "nothing specific to Facebook", etc., but as we know from OpenID, those attributes by themselves don't guarantee that the network will get any more decentralized. Time will tell.

Markus