Re: [Social-discuss] Recent changes break Twitter integration

From: Mikael Nordfeldth
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Recent changes break Twitter integration
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 01:50:59 +0200

On 10 juli 2014 19:22:47 CEST, Torsten Grote <address@hidden> wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I am aware that there is no official GNU Social release and that
>development
>is ongoing. Still, I'd like to point out that recent changes to git
>master
>broke the Twitter integration in some parts.

Yes, it is impossible for me to test it since I am Twitterfree and thus have no
API key. I try to change anything which relates to functions I modify, but if
noone maintains it, the Twitterbridge will bit-rot.

I'd be happy to assist any attempts to make the twitterbridge work fully again.

We've started using http://bugz.foocorp.net

>At the moment it is no longer possible to repeat notices that came from
>
>Twitter. Twidere just gets an 400 error via the API and the website
>just tells
>me "Problem saving notice. Too long." even though the notice in
>question is
>not too long.

Hmm, that might be something else ( repeating notices longer than your
instance's max length)

>Sometimes, you want to find the tweet to the notice in your gnu-social
>instance. This used to be possible by clicking the "about X hours ago"
>link.
>But this now only leads to the same page with the notice.

In some views (they are being consolidated to have a consistent representation)
there's a "from twitter" link (or which instance made it). Does that lead to a
Twitter URL?

>In general I am very happy to see how the development is progressing.
>Thanks
>Mikael!

Thank you! .)

--