Re: [Social-discuss] Recent changes break Twitter integration

From: Torsten Grote
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Recent changes break Twitter integration
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 20:18:37 +0200

Hi Mikael,

thanks a lot for your quick response!

On Friday 11 July 2014 01:50:59 Mikael Nordfeldth wrote:
> Yes, it is impossible for me to test it since I am Twitterfree and thus have
> no API key.

If you like, I can provide you with both for testing.

> I'd be happy to assist any attempts to make the twitterbridge work fully
> again.

Thanks! That's very much appreciated.

> We've started using http://bugz.foocorp.net

Ah thanks. I see this has now also been added to http://gnu.io/social/contact/

Once my issues are narrowed down, I'd be happy to create a ticket there.

> Hmm, that might be something else ( repeating notices longer than your
> instance's max length)

Yeah it seems that you are right. I tested again with notices that only
contain a few characters and there it works. So my diagnosis was wrong. Let me
do a second try: Maybe it is because my instance started to automatically
expand short links (from tweets) to the long URL.

I like that it does expand them, but then on retweet, it should use their
short form again if the long one causes issues. Am I on the right track here?

> In some views (they are being consolidated to have a consistent
> representation) there's a "from twitter" link (or which instance made it).
> Does that lead to a Twitter URL?

Could you please tell me how to reach such a view?

There is https://status.example.org/all and
https://status.example.org/notice/1337. Both show "from Twitter" below the
tweet, but the link on "Twitter" always goes to https://twitter.com.

Kind Regards,