question about PHP-pear

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: question about PHP-pear
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 10:12:54 +0200

Hi there,

Is there a way for GNU-Social to allow it to run on systems that already
have PHP-Pear installed?

For example, can the Pear functionality required by GNU-Social separated
from what is packaged in, say, Debian's PHP-Pear?

I've managed to get GNU-Social installed on 'testing' servers running
Debian 11, but I can't put it on a 'production' server currently still
running 10.

I mean not easily, because this server runs other PHP-based apps that
depend on the Debian PHP-Pear.

IMHO, solving this PHP-Pear dependency could help GNU-Social get
included in Debian.

Be interested to hear your views

Kind greetings
Gijs

--
There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.