social

Re: [Social] Fwd: GNU/social legacy

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [Social] Fwd: GNU/social legacy
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:07:30 -0500

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 17:29 +0100, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>         Really? Almost everyone else in the identity world disagrees!
>         In
>         particular, the main reason it is thought OpenID hasn't caught
>         on is
>         because it uses URLs instead of email addresses as
>         identifiers.
>
> This is largely untrue.  Fist of all, Facebook have a quite successful
> system based on HTTP identifiers and the open graph protocol.

Are you saying that the main reason OpenID hasn't caught on is NOT
because it uses URLs, or that almost everyone else in the identity world
does NOT disagree?

As someone who doesn't follow the 'identity world', I'd like to know
what the consensus actually is, or if it doesn't exist.

--
Sent from Ubuntu