spacehulk-devel

Re: [Spacehulk-devel] "Error during replay mode. Game will be stopped."

From: Andy Balaam
Subject: Re: [Spacehulk-devel] "Error during replay mode. Game will be stopped."
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:53:32 +0000

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion. The game save file turns out not to be a .zip file, but a .gz file. If you rename it to e.g. james.gz and then double-click (with WinZip installed) it should open, although you will need to specify that the unzipped file should be called e.g. james.xml first.

Looking briefly at the file I can't see anything obvious, but maybe James did something weird or the program saved an invalid move?

If you do get a chance to try it Jim, that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Andy

Jim Munro wrote:
This is about the first message ive seen on this mailing list ever

I'm not one of the developers but I like the game. As far as I know the play
by email and network functionality is part of the "todo" list despite the
menu items being there.

I'll fire up the save game when I get the chance to see if I can help with
the problem. Also, I think the map files are renamed .zip files so you
rename them, then you can open them and edit the maps (I think).

Cheers and good luck!