Re: [STUMP] can't use second screen

From: Bob Farrell
Subject: Re: [STUMP] can't use second screen
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:41:13 +0100

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 02:24:57PM +0100, Michael Stevens wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to use stumpwm on a dual-head setup.
>
> I've got stumpwm installed and things are working nicely on a single
> head, but it doesn't seem to see the second monitor.
>
> Since the manual talks about xinerama support, I had hoped that
> something would work.
>
> Is there anyway to get this going? I've installed stumpwm 0.9.2.
>
> Michael

I've never tried it with xinerama, but I run Stump on two heads with
mergedfb, which seems to simplify things a lot. Here's a section from
my /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "ATI Technologies Inc M22 [Radeon Mobility M300]"
        Driver      "ati"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
        Option      "DynamicClocks" "true"
        Option      "VBERestore"        "true"
        Option          "backingstore"  "true"
        Option          "RenderAccel"   "true"
        Option          "VideoOverlay"  "on"
        Option          "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
        Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
        Option  "UseInternalAGPGART"    "no"
        Option "MergedFB"       "true"
        Option "CRT2Position"   "LeftOf"
        Option "MergedNonRectangular" "true"
        Option "SWCursor" "true"
        Option "CRT2HSync" "30-69"
        Option "CRTVRefresh" "47.5-125"
        Option "MetaModes" "1680x1050-1280x1024"
EndSection

--
Bob Farrell