Re: [STUMP] can't use second screen

From: Lionel
Subject: Re: [STUMP] can't use second screen
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:09:16 +0200

"Michael Stevens" <address@hidden> writes:

> 2008/4/29 Bob Farrell <address@hidden>:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 02:24:57PM +0100, Michael Stevens wrote:
>>  > Hi.
>>  >
>>  > I'm trying to use stumpwm on a dual-head setup.
>>  >
>>  > I've got stumpwm installed and things are working nicely on a single
>>  > head, but it doesn't seem to see the second monitor.
>>  >
>>  > Since the manual talks about xinerama support, I had hoped that
>>  > something would work.
>>  >
>>  > Is there anyway to get this going? I've installed stumpwm 0.9.2.
>>  >
>>  > Michael
>>  >
>>  I've never tried it with xinerama, but I run Stump on two heads with
>>  mergedfb, which seems to simplify things a lot. Here's a section from
>>  my /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
>
> Thanks, I might have a look. I'm not sure if I'm using xinerama or
> not, I've been working at the level of "I installed the ATI drivers
> and it worked".
>
> Michae

I've been using stumpwm with both dual display and Xinerama/mergedfb
setup and it works fine.

Maybe try C-t ; snext or sprev, if it moves the focus from one screen to
the other it means Xinerama is not activated and you have 2 separate
displays. You can also try to eval *screen-list* (C-t : *screen-list*),
if you get a list of more than one element it means you are not in
Xinerama mode. If there's only one, try to eval (screen-heads
(current-screen)), it will tell you how many heads stumpwm sees for this
screen. If there's only one, it means it only manages one head, so
there's a problem somewhere.

For the record, here's what I get with my dual head mergedFB setup:

STUMPWM> *screen-list*
(#S<screen #<XLIB:SCREEN :0.0 3280x1200x24 TRUE-COLOR>>)
STUMPWM> (screen-heads (current-screen))
(#S(frame 0 NIL 0 0 1680 1050) #S(frame 1 NIL 1680 0 1600 1200))

Hope that helps.

--
Lionel