Re: [STUMP] stumpwm vs firefox

From: Shawn
Subject: Re: [STUMP] stumpwm vs firefox
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:51:46 -0700

Magnus Henoch <address@hidden> writes:

> I often get these errors (see attached backtrace) with firefox2; it
> seems that it occurs when I try to move between frames before it has
> finished its startup, or something.
>
> The meta-problem is, that this throws stumpwm to the debug prompt, which
> I cannot access since that window is buried below all the other
> windows.  It would be nice if stumpwm would just continue by default.

>From the backtrace:

Caught 'The value #<XLIB:WINDOW :0 A00096> is not of type (OR NULL
XLIB:PIXMAP).' at the top level. Please report this.

This is a bug in all CLX implementations. I've just committed a
workaround to stumpwm for sbcl that fixes this problem. Please update
and let me know if you still encounter it.

If you're using clisp, I'm in the process of getting it fixed in
clisp's new-clx. Because it's in C, I can't just re-defun fixed
versions of the functions, as I did for sbcl.

A similar fix could be made for clisp's mit-clx, but I doubt anyone
uses that.

-shawn