Re: [STUMP] CPU thermal zone (contrib/cpu.lisp)

From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Re: [STUMP] CPU thermal zone (contrib/cpu.lisp)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:04:45 +0200

Shawn <address@hidden> writes:

>> since the default name of the CPU thermal zone, doesn't seem to work for
>> many people, I implemented a little "heuristic": Look in
>> /proc/acpi/thermal_zone and take the first file. This has the advantage
>> that loading contrib/cpu.lisp will not crash stumpwm, when
>> *acpi-thermal-zone* does not match reality. The worst thing that can
>> happen, is that it reports some other temperature.
>>
>> Patch attached or available on branch personal at
>> http://cthulhu.c3d2.de/~blitz/git/stumpwm.git/
>
> I don't use cpu.lisp or battery.lisp so I have trouble knowing what
> are good patches and what are not. Can someone who uses them and is
> familiar with the code volunteer to maintain these files?
>
> Ideally, you would apply patches from the mailing list and let the
> patch authors know their patches have been accepted or let them know
> why they are not.
>
> In terms of where you would apply the patches, I could give you write
> access to the savannah git repo or you could apply them to a branch on
> your own repository that I could periodically pull from.
>
> Is anyone interested?

I could maintain these two and could setup a branch for this purpose in
my git repo, unless someone objects.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Well, take it from an old hand: the only reason it would be easier to
program in C is that you can't easily express complex problems in C,
so you don't. - Erik Naggum (in comp.lang.lisp)

(Spam-Experiment: http://cthulhu.c3d2.de/~astro/badpit.html )