Re: [STUMP] Changing keyboard layout... forth and back

From: Shawn
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Changing keyboard layout... forth and back
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:28:42 -0800

address@hidden writes:

> Hi Fabrice,
>
> Looks almost like the French layout has a different mapping for your
> prefix key than the English layout. Did you try to use xev to figure
> out whether that's the case?

I suspect this is the problem.

>> By default, it is well in British English. If I press my
>> prefix-key ("Super" or "Windows" key) followed by `C-i', I am in
>> French layout. Good... Except my prefix-key becomes disabled...

If you've used xmodmap to customize your windows key so it can be used
with stumpwm, setxkbmap resets it. So you should add an additional
call after setxkbmap to reload your xmodmap file or do whatever
customizations you need to do.

Something that would help debug this problem is to leave the default
prefix map, C-t. and run your commands. When I do this, everything
works fine.

-Shawn