Re: [STUMP] Building StumpWM/CLisp on Ubuntu

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Building StumpWM/CLisp on Ubuntu
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:58:31 -0400

>> *** - SYSTEM::%STRUCTURE-STORE: 49 is not a valid index into
>>       #<XLIB:DISPLAY localhost:0 (The X.Org Foundation R10600000) X11.0
>> #x21A5F3C6>

This doesn't seem right at all. To me this says it's attempting to
stuff a value into the display structure's 50th slot but that slot
doesn't exist. I doubt such a fundamental error would be made directly
in the new-clx code, especially since others have used 2.48 without
problem. So it must be something screwing up somewhere else. What
architecture are you building this on?

It may also be helpful if you could boot clisp, load stumpwm, and run
(stumpwm:stumpwm). Then when clisp croaks it will hopefully give a
backtrace and we can look at the source code that's causing the
problem.

-Shawn