Re: [STUMP] Re: Use git describe in *version* when building from git

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Re: Use git describe in *version* when building from git
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 23:54:17 -0800

> I just noticed that this doesn't work with the RELOAD command, because
> the current working directory is most likely your $HOME instead of the
> stumpwm source directory. The attached patch fixes this problem, but is
> a bit ugly. Is there a more beautiful solution?
>
> If someone can confirm that this works for clisp and no nicer patch
> comes up, I would nevertheless commit this as is.

I think your patch is fine. Two suggestions:

1. perhaps add a comment to explain why it's a little more complicated
than it appears to need to be

2. you could possible simplify the pathname stuff (and make it
slightly more portable not that that is an issue in reality) by doing
(make-pathname :directory (append (pathname-directory *load-pathname*)
'(".git"))) instead of using merge-pathnames.

-Shawn