Re: [STUMP] Building StumpWM/CLisp on Ubuntu

From: Vitaly Mayatskikh
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Building StumpWM/CLisp on Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:41:54 +0100

At Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:56:35 +0100, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> I don't know if this is the correct method, but here is what I did:
>
> 1. logged out of StumpWM, back to GDM
> 2. logged in, choosing xterm as Session
> 3. in xterm window, typed "script console.log"
> 4. typed "strace stumpwm"

No, you've straced stumpwm. I'm not sure if GDM ever bothers to read
~/.xsession. I use XDM, it works. You can check what GDM reads and
executes somewhere in startup scripts in /etc/X11.

> Then I got a huge trace...
> ... ending in a crash...

Sure, SBCL doesn't like to work being ptraced.

> > Otherwise you can run setxkbmap from ~/.stumpwmrc ;)
>
> That does work like a charm. Thanks a lot!
>
> Though this does not seem to be related with that (?), I now have Num_Lock on
> by default as soon as I enter the X session. I just have to disable it once
> per session, but I wonder from where that comes...

Try to play with numlockx. Or, may be, there's a proper switch
somewhere in GDM configs.

--
wbr, Vitaly