Re: [STUMP] Please consider removing module.lisp.in.

From: Desmond O. Chang
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Please consider removing module.lisp.in.
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 04:06:32 +0800

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 17:57, Ben Spencer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Note that even if this obstacle were removed you'd still have to
> contend with version.lisp.in.  In the meantime, you can just run
> autoconf and configure (with pretty much any options) the first time
> you check out, then forget about it.  This is what I do.

I do this too.  What I want exactly is to remove autoconf and
./configure.

> While we're on the subject of build process wishlists, I also want to
> ditch the bundled asdf and come up with some nice Quicklisp-based
> build instructions for the README (it currently recommends
> asdf-install).

Since most of implementations already included asdf2, bundled asdf has
been unnecessary, although leaving it is harmless.  I never use it.

This proposal is not only for quicklisp, but also for other installers
(although only a few people use them), even manual installation.