Re: [STUMP] Building with CLISP

From: Dirk Sondermann
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Building with CLISP
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 13:31:30 +0200

On 07/30/11 03:02, Aidan Gauland wrote:
> On 07/19/11 20:22, Aidan Gauland wrote:
>> OK, still fails, but actually starts to compile.  I have attached the
>> output of make this time, as some of the lines are very long.  Looks
>> much more cryptic (to me) than the previous errors.
> /usr/bin/clisp -K /usr/local/src/stumpwm/clisp-core -on-error exit
> ./make-image.lisp
> ; registering #<SYSTEM :STUMPWM #x0003347B8EA0> as STUMPWM
> *** - UNIX error 13 (EACCES): Permission denied

This error isn't related to the new clisp version or its dynamic
modules support. (It has occurred after a temporary linking set had
been successfully created by clisp-link.)

The problem is that ASDF tries to store compiled fasl files in the
same directories where it has found the lisp sources. Since you
don't have write permissions on those directories, compiling the first
lisp file in /usr/share/common-lisp/source/cl-ppcre leads to an error.
There are several ways to avoid this problem. You could, for example,
use debian's ASDF infrastructure instead of the asdf.lisp that is
included in stumpwm.

If you are only interested in building a stumpwm binary, you could,
as a kludge, keep ASDF from saving fasl files anywhere by inserting

  (pushnew :broken-fasl-loader *features*)

as first line of make-image.lisp (or make-image.lisp.in if you want
to rerun configure).

--
Dirk