[STUMP] Weird font with StumpWM compiled from sources and Ubuntu 11.10

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: [STUMP] Weird font with StumpWM compiled from sources and Ubuntu 11.10
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 19:15:07 -0200

I realize that this might be somewhat unrelated to StumpWM but I still
think it's an useful thing to know, although there must be a better way
to solve this.

If you compile StumpWM from sources in Ubuntu 11.10 you get a weird
font, kind of blurry and granny.

Ubuntu uses a new display manager called LightDM. This display manager
does not initiate a gnome session, so gnome doesn't do its magic with
the fonts. A ugly "fix" is to install gdm.

I wonder how to solve this at the X level, so one could continue to use
LightDM if they want to.

--
Diogo F. S. Ramos