Re: [STUMP] rotate windows

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: Re: [STUMP] rotate windows
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 05:01:23 -0200

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I've seen a couple of functions online for rotating top windows through
> frames, but none of the code seems to work with StumpWM from git. Here's
> what I've got, but at least `group-frames' is undefined:
>
> ;(defun shift-windows-forward (frames win)
> ;  (when frames
> ;          (let ((frame (car frames)))
> ;                 (shift-windows-forward (cdr frames)
> ;                                        (frame-window frame))
> ;                 (when win
> ;                         (pull-window win frame)))))
>
> ;(defcommand rotate-windows () ()
> ;  (let* ((frames (group-frames (current-group)))
> ;           (win (frame-window (car (last frames)))))
> ;          (shift-windows-forward frames win)))
>
> Can anyone tell me how I might update this for the most recent version
> of stump?

I'm running the following :version of stumpwm: 0.9.7-80-gb1271a9

Those procedures work here. What is the behavior you are experiencing?

I don't know if you're using them as marks of code, but `;' are suppose
to mark comments, so if you're using that code the way you presented,
it's no surprise nothing happens.

--
Diogo F. S. Ramos