Re: [STUMP] rotate windows

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [STUMP] rotate windows
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:01:31 +0800

On Wed, Feb 22 2012, Diogo F. S. Ramos wrote:

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've seen a couple of functions online for rotating top windows through
>> frames, but none of the code seems to work with StumpWM from git. Here's
>> what I've got, but at least `group-frames' is undefined:
>>
>> ;(defun shift-windows-forward (frames win)
>> ;  (when frames
>> ;          (let ((frame (car frames)))
>> ;                 (shift-windows-forward (cdr frames)
>> ;                                        (frame-window frame))
>> ;                 (when win
>> ;                         (pull-window win frame)))))
>>
>> ;(defcommand rotate-windows () ()
>> ;  (let* ((frames (group-frames (current-group)))
>> ;           (win (frame-window (car (last frames)))))
>> ;          (shift-windows-forward frames win)))
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how I might update this for the most recent version
>> of stump?
>
> I'm running the following :version of stumpwm: 0.9.7-80-gb1271a9
>
> Those procedures work here. What is the behavior you are experiencing?
>
> I don't know if you're using them as marks of code, but `;' are suppose
> to mark comments, so if you're using that code the way you presented,
> it's no surprise nothing happens.

Ha, no, I do know that much -- I've just commented them out for the time
being because they're weren't working.

The error message I get is "The function STUMPWM-USER::GROUP-FRAMES is
undefined"

Come to think of it, perhaps this is because I've got
(in-package :stumpwm) at the top of my config file, and that's not the
right package for accessing those functions? I have to admit I'm still
baffled by Lisp namespaces…

Thanks,
Eric