Re: [STUMP] Authentication agent under stumpwm - lxpolkit?

From: Johnny
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Authentication agent under stumpwm - lxpolkit?
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 17:54:04 +0100

I found one way to do the automounting without lxpolkit is to use udev
and autofs.

In /etc/udev/95_custom.rules, add a rule that detects the device and
creates a symlink with a persistent name:
: SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{serial}=="07012Dd1fFaCg83a", SYMLINK+="my_usb"

In  /etc/auto.misc, define a rule to automount this
: my_usb        -fstype=auto            :/dev/my_pink

This automounts the usb when trying to access it (i.e. it's not visible
until accessing that folder).

Maybe not the best way, but an option that can probably be tweaked.

/Johnny

--
Johnny