Re: [STUMP] StumpWM in 13.10

From: J. David Smith
Subject: Re: [STUMP] StumpWM in 13.10
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:09:02 -0500

Hi David,

If you haven't found a solution yet, look here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/46788/is-it-possible-to-restart-the-unity-panel-without-restarting-compiz. The question is from 2011, but was linked to from a 2013 question here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/371915/how-to-restart-unity-panel-service so it seems to still be relevant.

In distilled form:

Run `/usr/lib/unity/unity-panel-service` to start the unity panel (not the unity2d one, which as you mentioned has been dropped). I unfortunately don't have an ubuntu installation to test this on right now, so I can't confirm that it works.

 -- David