Re: [STUMP] Revitalizing StumpWM

From: yggdrasil
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Revitalizing StumpWM
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 22:45:33 +0100

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the initiative volunteering some TLC to stumpwm! I am
sorry not being able to contribute in a more proactive way than lauding
your initiative, with no bugs filed and no code to pull. As I can't see
myself using another WM all efforts to maintain and improve it is very
much appreciated.

Alex Kost posted some code for floating groups on 2/1 that I am sure
would be useful for floating groups though, although I haven't tested it
myself. Floating groaps in stumpwm could surely use some more tweaks,
but I use it rarely, and understandably this may not be a priority for a
tiling WM. Thinking of it, the resizing behaviour is a bit funny
(0.9.7-80), in that the cursor "jumps" to the corner when resizing. Also
the focus setting of windows would be nice (I think Alex's patch deals
with this), but more of a convenience function.

Feel free to ignore my comments, the main point I want to convey is a
big thanks to you, Shawn, and all other contributors for the efforts!

/Johnny