Re: [STUMP] Revitalizing StumpWM

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Revitalizing StumpWM
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:12:45 +0700

David Bjergaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I know there's a handful (fistful?) of people who are happily using
> stumpwm, but the git repo has been stagnant for a long time.  Shawn has
> added me as a maintainer on github and I'm working through the open pull
> requests as I have time.
>
> While my experience hacking a window-manager is relatively limited, I
> have some ideas that may add some new life to StumpWM.

Great news, and thanks very much for doing this! More active development
is a good thing (though I have to admit I'm fairly content with it
as-is).

My two cents is to consider merging the truetype-enabled StumpWM fork.
Unless there's a reason why this is a shaky or not widely-compatible
implementation (and I wouldn't know if it was), it seems like a very
reasonable thing to have as a core part of StumpWM.

Thanks again!
Eric

https://github.com/filonenko-mikhail/stumpwm.git