[STUMP] Github Organization (and new Logo Updates!)

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: [STUMP] Github Organization (and new Logo Updates!)
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 22:11:18 -0500

Hi All,

Kenan has kindly provided a few avatars as well as variants of the logo
that one our contest a few weeks ago.  You can see them here:
http://www.kenanb.com/posts/StumpWM-Logo.html

I've also updated the readme and the wiki to use them, and I've made a
stumpwm gravatar for the organization on github.
(https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm)

Since we can now take advantage of the new organization there are some
neat features that we should discuss using:

Webhooks:  I've set it up so that stumpwm-devel gets emailed everytime
there is a commit to stumpwm.  I would really prefer that this only
happens on release events but it looks like this is the only way.
There are two immediate consequences:
1. The traffic to stumpwm-devel will increase with commit noise
2. You'll know and see what is changing without having to visit github

Please let me know your opinions.  If you're like me, you're probably
opposed to getting commit emails every time I push to github, but if
enough people would rather get the commit messages I'll leave the hook
in place.

If you know how to use github webhooks please get in touch with me so we
can better utilize them for updating stumpwm-devel and irc with relevant
info.

A second consequence of the organization is that we can now add teams
with different levels of access.  This means it should be easier than
ever to hack directly on stumpwm.  Anyone can submit (and is welcome to)
a pull request, but if someone is committing often enough for this to
become tedious, I can give them commit access.

Finally, we can now have multiple repositories handling different
aspects of stumpwm.  This opens up new possibilities for refactoring
stumpwm's core functionality into libraries that may be useful outside
the project (time.lisp comes to mind).  Currently I have a
stumpwm-contrib repository that will host the new asdf contrib modules
which I'll be pushing out soon.