summer-of-code

Re: Slot allocations

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: Slot allocations
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 17:05:58 -0300

On 16-04-2011 20:59, Per Bothner wrote:
> There are 3 Kawa submissions.  I think they're all worthwhile, so if by
> some
> miracle Kawa were to get 3 slots, we could use them.
>
> If Kawa were to get 2 slots, my inclination would be to drop "Kawa -
> REPL Web console"
> and pick "Kawa - Full Contunuations" and "Kawa - REPL improvements and
> pretty printing".

I would like to remember that this is a public list, and this kind of
discussion should not take place here.

The Google SoC program admins asked orgs not to let students whether
they are going to be dropped or not until the final result is released
(Apr 25th).

On 15-04-2011 07:43, Daniel Thomas wrote:
> So currently there are 16 projects for GNU which are rated with the top
> average score of 5. We have 10 slots. How is that disparity being
> resolved? Are the org admins going to go through those 16 and decide
> which 10 are the best? Is an average score of 5 indicative of that
> project being awesome? Is there anything I should be doing to help?

It is not clear how we are going to make this decision. Maybe the total
score could be used as a second criteria, plus a "no more than one slot
per package", since we got fewer slots this year.

Anyway, I think we should move this discussion to a private list (or a
private IRC meeting?).

Rodrigo

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva