summer-of-code

Re: GCC GSOC 2016

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: GCC GSOC 2016
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 08:42:33 -0800

    > As usual, GNU applied to participate in this year's GSOC and was
    > accepted as a mentoring organization.
    >
    > GCC related projects can be performed under the umbrella of the GNU org,
    > provided there are suitable mentors.
    >
    > Please see http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects.
    > The relevant mailing list is
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/summer-of-code

    This is good news! Sorry for talking out of my ass. This seems to have
    changed in recent years.

    I have added a blurb to our wiki explaining the new arrangement. Could
    you add a link to https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode somewhere in
    http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects such that students can find
    the project ideas for GCC?