summer-of-code

Re: GSoC project idea page addition | question about slots

From: Giuseppe Scrivano
Subject: Re: GSoC project idea page addition | question about slots
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 09:47:33 +0100

Hi Urs,

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear GSoC coordinators,
>
> I am writing on behalf of the LilyPond developer community.
>
> We would like to ask you adding the following entry to
> http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2016.html:
>
> LilyPond is a music engraving program devoted to producing the
> highest-quality sheet music possible.  Users describe the music in a
> high-level text input format, which LilyPond processes to produce pdf,
> png, svg, and/or midi files.  LilyPond is written in C++ and Guile
> (the GNU project’s Scheme interpreter), with Guile also serving as
> user-level extension language.  LilyPond maintains a list of GSoC
> project suggestions on http://lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html.

Added.

> Additionally we would like to ask how and when to proceed about the
> allocation of slots. Last year we had two slots and unfortunately had to
> give one of them back because a student "got lost". This year we have
> four students who have expressed interest in applying so far, and my
> impression is that this will result in at least three real applications.
> Of course there is still time so the numbers may raise or fall, but we'd
> like to know where and when we should "apply" for a number of slots.

How many mentors there will be?  Please ask all the mentors to subscribe
to this mailing list, because this is the place where we do announcement
and to send the following information to me and José Marchesi
<address@hidden> for each of them (only AltEmail is optional):

Name:
Email:
AltEmail: