swarm-announce

Swarmfest'98 Call for Abstracts

From: lee
Subject: Swarmfest'98 Call for Abstracts
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:20:44 -0700

                      Call for Abstracts

  Swarmfest '98 - The Second Annual Meeting of the Swarm Users Group

                         Hotel Santa Fe
                    Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
                       March 23 - 24, 1998

The Swarm Development Program at the Santa Fe Institute is proud to announce
Swarmfest '98, the 2nd Annual Meeting of the Swarm Users Group to be
held March 23 - 24, 1998 at the Hotel Santa Fe.

This year we will be holding a series of talks including time for discussion
following each presentation.  We aim to create a cross discipline environment
in which attendees can hear what is going on in other fields and extrapolate
lessons they can apply in their environment.

The conference is rapidly approaching and we would like participants
to submit abstracts as soon as possible in order to finalize the
conference schedule.

If you wish to make a presentation or organize a discussion, please
submit an abstract or a title to me (address@hidden) along with the
duration of the talk and a list of your A/V and computer requirements.

If you would like to present a demo please send me information on
what you would like to present and any requirements you may have.
We strongly suggest you bring demos on laptops, although we will have
one Sparc Solaris workstation on site.

At the Hotel Santa Fe, we will have the following A/V capabilities:
    1) video projection system capable of projecting an image from any
       laptop to the screen
    2) overhead projection of transparencies
    3) slide projection
    4) Video Cassette Player (VCR) capable of projecting to the screen
    5) Sparc Solaris station projection to screen

If you wish to transfer demos to the Santa Fe Institute computer
network, please email address@hidden for instructions. We will
transfer the demos to a Sparc Solaris station that will be set up
at the Hotel Santa Fe.

Thank you,

  Irene Lee
  Organizational Manager