Re: [swarm-hackers] Is this cruft I can remove???

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Is this cruft I can remove???
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:51:00 +1000

My fault.  Along the way I stuffed up the execution of aclocal.

Bill

On 20/05/2008, at 2:02 PM, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

Bill Northcott wrote:
1.  USEDLL
This appears in configure.in, ./Makefile.am and libobjc/Makefile.am but I cannot see that it ever gets set. Can I remove USEDLL and the code which is conditional on it??
It's defined in m4/acdll.m4 by AM_CONDITIONAL.
Also note the reference in libswarm_la_LDFLAGS and for the swarm.dll rule in src/Makefile.am. The main point of this is/was for Mingw32 (non-Cygwin Windows). Not sure if libtool can do pure Windows DLL these days.

2. USEBUILTINAVCALL this is only in ./Makefile.am. Again nothing defines it. Can it be removed??
Similarly in m4/acffi.m4.  This is done at the automake level like so:

http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Conditionals.html#Conditionals