[swarm-hackers] Conforming to <NSCopying>

From: Nima Talebi
Subject: [swarm-hackers] Conforming to <NSCopying>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 13:50:35 +1100

Hi, I'm trying to get my Heatbugs to conform to <NSCopying>...

#pragma mark NSCopying

- (id)copyWithZone:(NSZone *)zone {

    Heatbug *clone = [Heatbug new];

    [clone setWorld:[self world] Heat:[self heatSpace]];

    [clone createEnd];

    [clone autorelease];

    return clone;

}

However the Swarm framework gives me an error...

*** event raised for error: BlockedObjectAlloc

*** function: -[Object_s copy](), file: /Users/nima/devel/FWSwarm/swarm/macosx/SwarmOSX/../../src/defobj/DefObject.m, line: 793

> Requested operation is defined by the Object superclass of the GNU

> Objective C runtime system, but is blocked from usage because its default

> implementation is incompatible with the model of zone-based allocation

> established by the defobj package.  To allocate, free, or copy objects

> that use the defined model of zone-based allocation, one of the messages

> create:, createBegin:/End, drop, or copy: must be used instead.

*** execution terminating due to error

/Users/nima/devel/FWSwarm/swarm/macosx/SwarmOSX/../../src/defobj/Symbol.m:187 -[Error_c raiseEvent:]

Program received signal:  “SIGABRT”.

...That is probably a very good explanation for those who know what they're doing :)

Could someone iterate a little more on this for me?