[swarm-hackers] Agents & Threads

From: Nima Talebi
Subject: [swarm-hackers] Agents & Threads
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:39:13 +1100

Has anyone entertained the idea of having each swarm agent run as it's own independent thread, rather than sequentially (by which I'm also including the "random" mode - which shuffles the list, but then sequentially processes them afterwards).

I know this will add more complexity to the programs, for example - an agent will check to see if the space it is going to move to is vacant, and by the time it does, it's full - but I could use locks for that kind of thing.

I'm just trying to experiment with ways of making the environment as non-deterministic and non-discrete as possible.

Nima

--
Nima Talebi
web: http://ai.autonomy.net.au/People/Nima