Re: [swarm-hackers] Leak

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Leak
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:31:03 -0800

Thanks Nima,

From looking at where the leak occurs, in initSwarm(), and the small amount, I'm not overly concerned.  It is likely some initialization code that is not being cleaned up.  In some cases, it is not possible to clean these things up perfectly because the shutdown procedure of a program is not well-defined, so its ok to just let the operating system clean it up for us :-)

Scott

On Nov 14, 2009, at 4:45 PM, Nima Talebi wrote:

Hi,

I just want to see if I'm the only one experiencing this leak - from Instruments and my limited knowledge, it seems like the leak is from within the Framework.

Instruments Screenshot

By the way - I have a POC OpenCL code running - Now I have to figure out how I can actually harness the power in my modified Heatbugs, perhaps when I add genetics to it.