[swarm-hackers] Help on Heatbugs (Git)

From: Nima Talebi
Subject: [swarm-hackers] Help on Heatbugs (Git)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:00:34 +1100

Hi All,

I've almost got it all working, one last problem that's truly difficult to debug (for me).

Could someone please clone this...

http://git.autonomy.net.au/?p=heatbugs;a=summary

...and run it on Mac OS X.

You can enable/disable threading in the build preprocessor macros - doesn't seem to be related to that at all however.

The app runs as expected for some random number of minutes, and then freezes; There is no crash, no traceback, no messages on the console.

In Debug mode, when all the extra assertions and strict checks are enabled, no violations are made.

While you can see that the psudo RNG is active (the evolution of the swarm is identical each time), the app freezing point is quite random.

I'm out of ideas.

Nima