Re: [swarm-hackers] Help on Heatbugs (Git)

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Help on Heatbugs (Git)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:41:27 -0800

On Nov 18, 2009, at 8:27 PM, Nima Talebi wrote:

Hi Scott, I've placed an "assert(1==0)" inside the threaded block to make sure it never gets hit - and it doesn't, so it's strange that removing it made things better for you.

I put a breakpoint at the if statement and the debugger stopped there.  Then I looked at the detailed command line in the Build Results window it has -DTHREADED=1 in it.  So I just put in "#if 0" in place.

Here is the result of Instruments(ObjectAlloc) though; Again it seems to be deep in Swarm... how did you figure out it was the HeatCells (I'll look into this right now)?

Fix the threading problem before you do the instruments otherwise it may give you confusing results because you are creating threads like they are going out of style.

Essentially I just ran the simulation for a short time, then drilled down into the section with the highest MB count, yeah it was pretty deep.

Scott