Re: formal models

From: Trey Fondon
Subject: Re: formal models
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 14:55:02 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

>On Mon, 19 May 1997 address@hidden wrote:
>
>> can you describe the qualities you are looking for in your model?
>
>Could you define qualities? I am trying to define whole system
>(environment, agents and their behavior) in an affine space. I would
>like to try to keep it in one space (very likely, high dimensional),
>without having to split it up.
>
>> one of the difficulties will be that the agents themselves contain state
>>information,
>> and either that gets represented in the n-space
>> (which means that all the agents have identical sets of parameters),
>> or else the n-space is only to represent locations,
>> and something else represents the states of the agents in the space
>
>I will try to define a space with just one kind of agents for the start,
>and as I mentioned, keeping it all in one space. If necessary, I can
>always operate on the subspaces, representing one agent or a group of
>agents, rather than actually separating them from the world.

I don't understand how one would model discrete behaviors as vectors in
space...  Could you tell me a little about how to do this?  ("verbspace"?)

Trey

John W. Fondon III  (Trey)
McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development
Genome Science & Technology Center
Garner Nanovolumes Laboratory
t.u. Southwestern Medical Center
address@hidden