Re: formal models

From: Bert . Baker
Subject: Re: formal models
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:06:24 -0500

On 5/21/97 address@hidden (Trey Fondon) wrote:

>I don't understand how one would model discrete behaviors as vectors in
>space...  Could you tell me a little about how to do this?  ("verbspace"?)

One way to do it is to have each discrete behavior be an axis of time.  So
that mult-behaviored systems are systems which act in multi-dimensional
time.  Then, the dependent variable is a functional on multi-dimensional
time space.  More on this concept is available at

        ftp://ftp.ece.uc.edu/pub/biblio/papers/TR138_8_92.ps

address@hidden
University of Cincinnati