Re: interactive models on the internet

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: Re: interactive models on the internet
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 97 15:55:36 EST

Ken,

> Very cool!  Question: Where did all the Java plotting, etc.
> stuff come from?  Did you develop it all from scratch or is
> it built on top of a third-party package?

    I assumed at first I'd get the lion's share for free, but alas....
The plot widgets I found surfing the web weren't OK.  Not that I'm picky or
anything. ;)  But none of the ones I found even put labeled ticks on the axes.
I finally found a data-driven error-bar plotter written by Friedrich Schotte
in France, and gutted then overbuilt it. The deepest depths of the buckyball
similarly came from JDK's wireframe demo.  The rest from scratch.  I'm really
looking forward to Java 1.1 going into general use.  Doing the parameters
without being able to save methods as data, is a Major Drag.

> Again, the demo labs are great.

Thanks!

Ciao,
    Ginger