Re: Query: Spatially uncorrelated reproducible random values

From: Ralf Stephan
Subject: Re: Query: Spatially uncorrelated reproducible random values
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 18:14:32 +0200

> Nigel Gilbert wrote:
> >
> >  Do you know that there is no correlation between a seed
> > and the (next) generated value, or is this just an assumption you've
> > made?

If you mean with that all of the bits of the result are dependent on
even one bit change in the inputs then use a hash function.  If you're
not paranoid, CRC32 may suffice (don't quote me), otherwise there are a
bunch of cryptographically secure ones (MD5, SHA, etc), even old Un*x
crypt based on DES.

ralf
--
http://ME.IN-berlin.de/~rws/