Re: Newbie Installation queestion

From: Kenneth Gosier
Subject: Re: Newbie Installation queestion
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 06:59:23 -0400 (EDT)

Wow, I'm overwhelmed by all the help. ;) So I un-installed the packages

swarm-2.1.1-1
swarm-static-2.1.1-1

Left the hdf5-1.2.1-1, got kaffe-1.0.5-6 from transvirtual. (Will crawl
before I walk here; I don't know much about Java, so I'll put off kaffe vs
jdk issues till later.) Installed the rpm's

swarm-hdf5-2.1.1-1.rh6.i386.rpm
swarm-kaffe-2.1.1-1.rh6.i386.rpm

Everything seems to be fine. Next up is to get some sample-apps running,
and make a couple simple ones of my own. Many thanks again for all the
help--