Re: code

From: D. D. Donalson
Subject: Re: code
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:52:10 -0700

Well, at least that explains the previous email.  I have to admit that I was
wondering what I had missed, because I sure as heck didn't understand it!
:-)

I'll be interested in seeing the model at Swarmfest.

BTW: Marcus, I am still chasing that crash bug.  It has something to do with
opening files, writing to them, and them closing them.  It may be the oddest
bug I have ever chased because the data instrumentation procedure is totally
static.  It does the same thing every call, yet the crash takes at least 200
calls (but as many as several thousand.)  Whether I call the routine every
step or every 10 steps seems to make little difference.  I isolated the
fopens and fcloses without fprintfs and the bug went away.  I can't think of
why it should be an out of memory problem because I ran two instances of the
model in parallel and with additional memory loading and it didn't seem to
affect the results.  I am to the point of wondering if this is machine/OS
dependent and am sending the code to a WIN200 machine.  I have written large
numbers of data instrumentation routines, some much more complex than my
present problem, and never seen anything like this.  Anyway, just felt like
posting my frustration to someone who understands.

Cheers,

   D4