Modeling Long Term Memory

From: Krishnan Viswanathan
Subject: Modeling Long Term Memory
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:22:10 -0400

Hi

In my model (I am trying to schedule the daily activities of an household), I
want my household members to be able to retrieve certain (routine and
non-routine) activities from the long term memory. Here what I mean. If a member
of the household spent 2 hours on a particular day of a month, cleaning his/her
car, I want him or her to be able to retrieve this activity from their memory
and schedule car cleaning on a particular day for 2 hours in the next month.
That way, when I trying to determine the activity schedule for a particular
day, it can also capture activities which are done only once a month. I can
think of doing this by giving an array similar to
[HHMember][ActivityType][Duration][DayofMonth] and then asking the agent to
retrieve this relevant information. What I want to know is how to make the
agents learn to determine which activities will go into their Long Term memory
and then use this information to schedule their daily activities.

Thanks,
Krishnan