Re: simulating large models

From: Andy Cleary
Subject: Re: simulating large models
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:41:40 -0700

Let me second this request for information: is there a paper or other reference that summarizes scaling issues with Swarm (or more generally with individually-based models), e.g., what has been done, what are the current limits, what is the need for larger simulations, what are the blockers to larger simulations, what are the plans (if any) for dealing with those blockers, or any subset of the above? We are considering a project in the area of looking at and addressing scalability issues in individually-based modelling (particularly on parallel computers) but frankly it's a little hard to get a good idea of where things are now...

Cheers,
Andy Cleary

Computational Scientist
Lawrence Livermore National Labs