on plague simulation

From: Roy G. Schriftman
Subject: on plague simulation
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:18:55 -0400

Jim is a professor of microbiology at USP. He needs a program that will simulate the spread of an infectious disease thru a population, with appropriate paramerter for age, length of illness, infection rate, death rate, etc. We have been using a program from 1993 called PLAGUE written by John Shramko. I have a demo version with screen shots only, but the full version does not work under Windows 2000.

from address@hidden
quote:

I looked over the ecobeaker web site and checked some of their modules.  I am
afraid we would be trying to cram

a square peg in a round hole using their software to model the spread of
disease in a human population on a
continental, or global, scale. At any rate we would have to do a major rewrite of our lab's focus and strategy.
I am still hopeful we can solve the driver problem with the current software,
but I am wondering if you are thinking

that's not going to be possible?  Do you think the current program could be
converted, as is, to a windows platform

(in time for use this fall)? endquote:

Roy G. Schriftman, MS, MBA
Instructor Computer Science, Manager Computer Laboratory
University of the Sciences In Philadelphia http://www.usip.edu
(formerly Philadelphia College of Pharmacy & Science)
homepage http://members.home.net/schriftman/
Wine Manager - Canal's Hainesport
icq #6705829 - jusAhack
Office 215-596-8935